https://riverlandlife.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Coronavirus.jpg 628 1200 Samuel Taylor https://riverlandlife.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/LifeFM-logo-500x141-1.png Samuel Taylor2020-03-31 12:08:312022-08-21 17:07:10Coronavirus: — Latest Important Information
Coronavirus: — Latest Important Information
By: Clare Bruce
This article provides you with information released up until Tuesday 31st March in regards to COVID-19
- Police say they won’t hesitate to fine people breaking new coronavirus restrictions — since last night, it’s been illegal to be out with more than one other person who isn’t from your household
- Government is urging people to act as though they could have coronavirus and not go out in public, unnecessarily
- 266 new cases have been confirmed in Australia in the past 24 hours
- Police say it’s OK to go to the shops for basic food or go to the GP — anyone acting outside of that face fines or put before the courts for a possible jail sentence
- Government is urging city residents to stay away from the bush in order to stop the spread of COVID-19. There are concerns about cheap accommodation offers being marketed as a way to get out of the city during the pandemic.
- Businesses are rushing to sign up to the Federal Government’s $130 billion plan to subsidise wages during the pandemic
- Medical experts say the coronavirus is mutating, as viruses do, and eight strains are now making the round globally — a researcher at the University of Washington says the good news is that the mutations are not more lethal
- Virgin is seeking $1.4 billion loan from the Government to ensure the company’s survival through the pandemic
- 145 million surgical masks will be pumped out by a South Australian company in the coming months
Coronavirus Health Information Line
Call this line if you are seeking information on novel coronavirus. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
1800 020 080
Article supplied with thanks to Hope Media
- About the Author: Clare is a digital journalist for the Broadcast Industry.